Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:28 PM   #1

Hello Everyone,

I have old pictures that I want to enlarge, but before I do that I wanted to fix some minor details in the pictures. What would be the best way to do this? I don't own a scanner, so I would probably go to kinko's or some place like that. Also, I have the negatives of all the photos, would getting them scanned at a camera store give me better digital picture quality?

Thank you for the help,

nv1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:43 PM   #2

The negatives will definitely give better quality. You should be able to get good blow-ups from negative scans. Make sure to tell the shop that you want them at high resolution for large prints. Your best bet would be a place with a drum scanner, but there are some professional flatbeds that do a decent job.

Once you get the digital images from the negatives I suggest the free older version of Paint Shop Pro for enhancing the images if you don't already have a decent image editing program. http://www.com-puterworks.com/Free_Downloads.htm

There are many tutorials online for PSP and quite a few people on the board are familiar with it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote