Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:21 PM   #1

Hi all,

My first post on the site, and I have to say there is a lot of great info in these forums. I have a Canon Powershot S40. One of my favorite features is the stich assist mode that allows you to shoot a panorama in both the vertical and horizontal plane at the same time (i.e. 4 frames in a square). I am looking to replace this camera, but aside from the newer Powershot Sxx series, I cannot find a camera that has this feature. All cameras that I have found so far only allow you to shoot a panorama in the horizontal plane (or vertical by turning the camera) but not both at the same time.

Anyone know of any new camera(s) that have this feature?

Thanks very much!

myhippocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:11 AM   #2

Don't worry about that too much, there are softwares that help you make panoramas no matter how you take your pictures. I use autostitch and love it! Actually, I'm addicted to it.

My old camera did not have panorama support so I collected pieces of a panoramic images for years but never had the chance to put them together, until I found autostitch. The biggest image I stitch together was about 4 levels vertical and 6 levels horizontal for a total of 26 shots. Autostitch was able to figure it out!

Oh, and it's free!

Good Luck!
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 2:12 AM   #3

EDITED..too many windows open, replied to a different thread. sorry.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote