Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 7, 2002, 10:54 PM   #1
Default Opinions on the Olympus 4040?

I am planning to replace my Olympus D-450 and am considering the purchase of a new Olympus 4040. (The D-450 will go to my niece).

It looks like I can get a 4040 online for about $500. In this price range are there other cameras that provide equal or better overall performance?

Most of what I shot is both indoor /outdoor snapshots, but occasionally like to do more creative shots and want the manual control.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2002, 1:04 AM   #2
Default Olympus 4040

I bought a 4040 in February after extensive research. It is my first digicam, and I love it. I am still learning, but not because the camera is difficult, I am just a little "slow." The key is that the camera takes great pics, indoors and out, and is extremely versatile. I take a wide variety of types of pictures, and it has excelled at everything. I just saw the new C720, and it is nice, but after reading Steve's review, and playing with one in person, I prefer my 4040. Bottom line, it's a great camera, but you need to check it out at the store so you can make your own informed decision.

[Edited on 7-8-2002 by MDMike]
MDMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2002, 6:34 AM   #3

I also love my 4040....Visit my site if you want to see some pics of it...Most of my dive pictures and everything in the photography section was taken with the 4040.
luminary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2002, 4:08 PM   #4

Mine took great pictures, and I had no complaints. I sold it because I didn't like the handling - just a personal quirk of an old SLR film photographer. Handle it first. If you like it, it would be a great camera for you.
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote