Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:38 PM   #1

hmmm....i was about to purchase from BUYDIG.com because everysite that i check reviews at they always have like 4 out of 5 stars. now what throws me off is the fact that also on every site, there is usually one client that posts a negative feedback stating that their package wa snot new and was tampered with (either missing manuals, materials, or even one guy where the lens was dirty with some sort of grime...)

is there any chance that BUYDIG.com is selling refurbished goods? any advice?

rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:36 AM   #2

I purchased a Canon Rebel XT from BuyDig.com and received it with dust on the sensor (fairly large specks); I returned it and they sent me a new one.

After some reason I've found it's quite common for new cameras to ship with dust on the sensors.

I've never heard of or had problems with BuyDig sending tampered/not new units.

Chances are that negative review you're reading is one person going around to multiple sites and posting the same or a slightly edited version of their story, trying to tamper the reputation.

If you're in doubt, go with a more popular and widely respected reseller like B&H.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:41 AM   #3

I can't say that buydig.com is perfect, but I've been impressed with them. I ordered a Kodak 1400 Printer from them and paid $14 shipping. I am stationed in Germany so usually companies charge a lot extra to ship to here. (BH wanted $50 and Adorama wanted $115) Keep in mind, to ship to me, it's just using the US Post office.

I notice on buydig.com that there is a disclaimer that says something like "All products are new, never opened with factory warranty, unless otherwise stated in teh product description." Perhaps the people that are getting used are getting used and it says so int eh description.

Before I use any online store I shcek them out on the BBB site, http://www.bbb.com

Buydig has a good standing with them.

I also recently ordered a print kit for the kodak 1400 and the shipping was free, that's a big deal for me.

headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:17 AM   #4

No one is perfect. I have bought lots of stuff from buydig and never had any issues.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:29 AM   #5

you can check up on online retailers...bbbonline....I was almost burned by a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL company...USAPhotoNation....I hate to say it, but in my research of online companies...the worst seem to be in the NY/NJ area...go figure! I have had good luck with OneCall...and they are in Washington state. Every time I have called or used the online chat, they are polite, professional and very informative.
fynnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 1:53 PM   #6

I had bought 4 camera's from them and never had any such problem with them. Its a nice site with low prices.
vsrinu30 is offline   Reply With Quote