Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:09 PM   #1

ok I'm new to the dslr world and i wanted to know how you transport lenses. for example your going to photograph something and you feel the need to bring two lenses how do you transport the other lens without hauling the whole camera bag with you through out the day?

badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2006, 8:40 PM   #2

In my opinion a camera bag is the only way to transport lenses if they're not attached to a camera. I'd be too worried about it getting damaged if one of my lenses is rolling around.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:42 PM   #3

There's all kinds of camera bags, some bigger than others. I have 2 that I use most of the time - one is fairly large and holds camera, several lenses along with a tabletop tripod and miscellaneous other supplies (extra batteries, filter, etc.), then one smaller, fanny-pack that is big enough for the camera and one extra lens. Both are padded and work very well - I wouldn't do it any other way.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:12 PM   #4

I do it the same way. Small bag for carrying just my camera and some small extras or my regular camera bag which is big enough for my camera, two lenses, flash, CF cards, card reader, cables, and batteries.

Big lenses will need their own bag though. I'm currently renting an amazing canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM and its got its own nice padded lens case with carrying strap.
Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote