Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 23, 2006, 4:28 PM   #1

...someone sent me a screen capture from this site and now, using my dimage viewer, i haveopened my first raw photographs...processed the tifs in my photoshop 7...now the questions...1) i need a set of jpegs of this same group of photographs, how is that done?...2) after i have my tifs and jpegs and am hgappy with them all, edited and not, do i delete the raw?...i am fairly new to computers, digital photography and forums...thanx in advance for anyone's time and efforts to educate me...hello & thanx to rob who sent me to this site...
Attached Images
kmda2user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2006, 5:28 PM   #2

If you open the TIF files you can use file save as and change the file type to JPG. If they're 16 bit files you'll need to go to image mode and change them to 8 bit before you can save as JPG.

I'd keep the RAW files because you amy want to process them in a different way at a later date.

Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:53 AM   #3

I always save my RAW files. This is the original, and can be considered as a negative for the purpose of future processing. You may fid, as I have, that there are other RAW converters that do a better job than DiMage viewer, and want to reprocess some of you shots.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 1:03 AM   #4

I take it one step further by converting the RAW files into Adobe Digital Negatives. That way I won't have to worry about whether new programs will support my RAW formats.

headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote