Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 29, 2003, 11:53 AM   #21

Oh - forgot to say - none of the pictures I have taken with the Minolta have gone through any software to alter any colours. Only on the odd couple have I altered the brightness settings, which was down to my picture taking rather than the camera, its a big step up from my last camera Kodak DC 210+ :-) im still learning!
NickyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2003, 4:26 PM   #22

Originally Posted by NHL
I'd like to add...

Thanks NHL! Your advice is intriguiging. From my list, that would pretty much mean the Canon PS A70 or G2 (which appears to be discontinued). Is there another camera in that price range that shoots as well as the 4500? Since I have no experience with recent consumer or prosumer cameras, what is the difference between the battery and storage media in the CoolPix and, say, a Canon G2 or the new Nikon SQ which is supposed to sport a camera unit/battery charger? I see that you have the CoolPix 990, to which the 4500 is an upgrade. How do you rate it with some of the newer cameras?

I can't speak from experience....yet, but I am about to order the Minolta Dimage S414.
It runs off of AA batteries, takes CF Cards, is 4.0 megapixels and has 4x optical zoom (find that one in the same price range anywhere else.

From what I hear though, get some Nickel Metal Hydride (1800 mah) batteries and a charger and you should be set.

I've been researching this same question for about a week now, and that is where I am at this point.

Happy Hunting!!!!
jpaq is offline   Reply With Quote