Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:32 PM   #1

I'm looking for the best quality prints at a reasonable price. Been using Clark Color labs for several years, and they're good, prices are okay if you pre-pay for prints. They do not have new sizes such as 6x8 or 10x13.

I read that Ofoto/Kodak Picture Gallery are the best prints, Ritz Cameras gets good ratings as well. Is anyone using WinkFlash? They have good review and some great features such as 99 cent/flat rate shipping, ability to add notes to back of photos, ability to download hi-res versions of your photos at any time for free, unlimited online storage, very good pricing without pre-payment (their prices on prints above 4x6 in size is considerably better than Clark's).

Curious to hear others thoughts. Thanks. -David
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:44 AM   #2

I don't know about reasonable price. There are times when you get what you pay for!!! I have long been a customer of Holland Photo and they do extremely professional work. Then again keep in mind my background is in medium and large format transparencies. I'm still reading Photoshop for morons.:? Just my two cents worth.

AJ Gressette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:43 AM   #3

I'm sure Holland does great work...but that is way too expensive for me. I'm not unhappy with Clark...just exploring other options.
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:40 PM   #4

My friend recently showed me a pic he took in Scotland with his Rebel XT. He enlarged to 10 x 16? Or something like that..at any rate, he used Ritz Camera, quality paper, nice ink.
Vandurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:13 PM   #5

Tried mpix, used it a few times, great quality prints, fast service and delivery, competitive prices. No need to try another place.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:58 PM   #6

I noticed a review of ten online photo labs in one of the photo mags at Hastings. Both Mpix and Kodak Photo Gallery scored well. Sorry, I can't remember more than that.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:23 PM   #7

Just go to SAM's club if I have a bunch of photographs that need printing.. The one here in Daytona does excellent printing and the cost is very inexpensive. I just do not trust the US:Mail for anything important like someones wedding photographs.

I get My photo's all cropped,sized and color corrected at home on My computer using Photoshop and then put the ones I want to print out on a DVD ora CD disc and just take the disc to Sam's Club to have printed. They do a very good job of printing and use regular Fugi photo paper.

They can print a 5 X 7 way cheaper then it costs me on my 1280 Epson. The larger prints like a 11 X 14 I domyself at home. 24 X 30 size goes to a professional print shop in Daytona. I can print up to 13 X 19 at home.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 12:52 AM   #8

I use "Camaras y Fotos" Lab at Plaza Dorada, located in my city, good results for smal prints (up to 8x10)
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 7:20 AM   #9

I have used Ofoto a couple of times to run calendars using my pictures and have been happy with their work. I also recently used Poster-size-it for a couple of 16x20'x and was very happy with their service and results! I recieved my order the same week and very reasonable.

Good luck!

Trique Daddi

Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 10:06 AM   #10

http://www.winkflash.com has outstanding prices and good quality prints. They use FujiFilm Frontier printers and can do up to 60-something inch prints if you want.

4x6 are 12 cents, 8x10 are $2, 10x15 are about $3.80, 24x36 are $20 to give you an idea of the costs. I like using them. Prints are made with chemicals in a similar manor to how film prints are made even though digital files are being used.
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote