Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 8, 2002, 10:28 PM   #1
Default Nikon 4500 shutter lag / CP-100 printer quality

I was visiting the local camera store last week and they have the Nikon 4500 in stock and the price is about $150-$200 less than the Canon G2. Even though I want to stay away from the 'twisty' 4500 the price is certainly compelling and my 950 does a good job.

Has anyone seen a comparison of the shutter lags between the two cameras? Or a timing of a production 4500 posted somewhere? Playing around in the store it seemed like the G2 was faster but it's hard to tell...

By the way - for those who haven't seen the 4500 its like the 950 except about 10% smaller and is noticeably lighter. A nice camera IMHO. I can't help but wonder if we'll see the G2 drop in price?

Another question - what is the quality like on the Canon CP-100 4 by 6 photo printer? Is it as good as my Epson 820? Does it use 'photo' paper? The places around here that have them don't have any sample pictures.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2002, 11:38 PM   #2

Check out

I don't know if the 4500 has a review yet, but timing is a main component of their camera reviews.

devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2002, 11:46 PM   #3

when I went there last they hadn't done a 'full' review with timings yet.

That said - at Comdex Canada I had a chance to play with the G2 and 4500 and the latter seemed to be almost as bad as my 950. The G2 was better in a qualitative comparison.

I'm leaning to the G2 more and more. Then again the Canon D60 they had was pretty awesome too. It's only $2200 more! Who needs to have heat if we have a nice camera! (ha ha)

ursa is offline   Reply With Quote