Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 26, 2003, 5:09 PM   #1
Default Software for slideshows

Trying to find a good program for creating slideshows wtih transitions and music tracks for small organization to use, any ideas?
cucster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2003, 5:57 PM   #2

Adobe Photoshop Album ($49 USD) has a built in template for a PDF slide show. It has built in music selections or allows you to use your own MP3 or WAV files.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2003, 7:39 PM   #3

There are dozens of possibilities. Two which I personally like are "PicturesToExe" and "Media@Show".

Media@Show has more "flash" but is limited to a maximum size of 800x600 ppi on screen. Tremendous text capabilities with many extremely fancy transitions. Using background sound is possible with MP3 or WAV files as is voice over. To get sound sync to length of slideshow one must fiddle a bit with the time per slide to get things to come out. Creates executable file to run on CD or hard disk.

Pictures to Exe is extremely versatile and lets you either auto sync music to slideshow (it adjusts duration of slides plus transitions in equal amounts to equal overall length of music) or lets you do it with a real time slider so you can change slides at precise times. Supports both background music and voiceover. Extremely powerful and flexible. Transitions are very smooth, but not as "fancy" as Media@Show. Doesn't have flying, twisting, tumbling and twisting text like Media@Show, but is quite adequate. More of a "nuts and bolts" approach which lets the user do more and built more custom approaches. Excellent forum with help from experienced users. Very inexpensive program, but not to be discounted - one of the very best available. Creates executable file to run on CD or hard disk.

Links below:

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:13 PM   #4

i tried photo2vcd which will make a vcd slide show with music with special transition effects. nero buring rom does something similar with out sound
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 2:19 AM   #5
Default Slideshow

I have the latest version of ACDSee, the Power Edition, and it has a special program called Photangelo 2, for slideshows, with sound and a choice of interesting transitions. And it is easy to use. I believe you can download a free trial version. It seems good to me.
kcemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 5:14 AM   #6

While you're at it, check out Digital Photo Slide Show. It's the one I use, and it has several nice utilities that come with it. $20 for the package.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 8:28 AM   #7

Ulead Video Studio is what I use, I have made 10 different slideshows with it. It is so easy to use but has some more powerfull features also. The best thing about it is instead of saving a presentation with its own special file in its own format, with Video studio you can save it as a video file so it can be played on most computers without having any special software on that computer where you play it. The other thing I like about it, is that when you are done creating your slideshow, you can have the choice to make a VCD or DVD and play it on a DVD player depending if you have the right kind of cd/dvd burner and if the dvd player supports the VCD format. (You can also save it as a mpeg video file) Also, you can make a professional splash screen when you first put the burnt disc in a DVD player and you can add pictures and words too. (similar to what a regular dvd does when you first put the disc in the player)
There is a free trial on the Ulead website you can try:
Hope this helps
djkothbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 4:54 PM   #8

i've been using "myslideshow" from anixsoft.com...real easy to use.... cant remember exactly how much it was, but was $20-30, but you can try it for free..
dal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 9:30 PM   #9

If you're looking for slideshow software that publishes slideshows to the web, give my site, Slideroll, a spin. With Slideroll, you can create free slideshows that export in flash format to the web. No software to download, and no seperate hosting required. Just upload your photos and go...

Hope you find the site an enjoyable experience.

slideroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:38 AM   #10

This is what I have used for some time.

All the usual transitions and audio links plus you can make a stand-alone file that does not require software to run. Take a look-

Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote