Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:59 AM   #1

HiI just purchased my Kodak P850. I love the pictures, great zoom and many options.Although I am still discovering the equipment, I've noticed that it has a delay when taking pictures. I am trying to take a pcture of an object, but by the time it does it the scenery changes. I've had cahow to elimanon powershot before, it was an issue, but not to this extent.*Does anybody know deal with it? I wanna take a picture right at this moment when I want, not a half second later...Any comment will be appreciated.
idea3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:04 AM   #2

Try to download the p850 firmware update. It improve the time to focus and the shutter lag!!

If you have more questions come and visit the kodak owners in the kodak section of this forum:-)

Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:22 AM   #3

For most shooting you should half-press the shutter to get the camera pre-focused. If you use the continuous focus mode the camera will continue to update the focus after you pre-focus with a half-press. Once it is pre-focused it will take the picture in less than a tenth of a second when you press it the rest of the way.

Unless I am pressed for battery power I always carry my cameras in continuous focus. It burns a little more power but you get a lot fewer out of focus shots if you regularly use pre-focus. Most camera manuals suggest you pre-focus for most shots.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:50 AM   #4

How easy is it to do a firmware update and can you tell what version of firmware you are on before and after you do it ?
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote