Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:25 AM   #11

I currently get Popular Photography and Outdoor Photographer. I find Outdoor Photographer is more useful than the other as it occasionally has decent articles. I will let both subscriptions lapes eventually. The reviews at Steve's, dpreview, etc. are more useful than the ones in the magazines. Also, the user reviews and forums are more helpful than the pro comments as they address issues that ordinary people care about.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 2:02 AM   #12

none.. i wish i had time to read magazines.
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:35 PM   #13

urbanaries wrote:
i've found PhotoGraphic to be a nice publication for the DSLR user...more content heavy than say Shutterbug (whichfeels like one big ad!)

might check out back issues from the library before subscribing...
PhotoGraphic was a very good publication, but sadly it is no longer in circulation. It was a sister publication of shutterbug and the two magizines are now combined into shutterbug. The editor of PhotoGraphic Richard Leach is now the art director for shutterbug. Out of the publications mentioned so far I would have to give my vote for Outdoor Photographer, although I subscribe to Popular Photography, Shutterbug and PC Photo as well.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 1:39 PM   #14

Too many.

Popular Photography, American Photo, PC Photo, Outdoor Photography, Photoshop Elements User.

Popular Photography and Outdoor Photography are very similar. American Photo is a little more artsy/fashion oriented. All three are part of the same publishing group, I think, so you'll see overlap between the 3.

PC Photo is more geared towards digital cameras and the associated computer tools. Finally, Photoshop Elements User is very specific to PSE, with lots of good instructions, though some of it is instruction in areas I'm not really interested in.

I'm currently in my "too many magazines" stage where they're stacking up faster than I can read them (I get others in different subject areas as well). I'll be letting some of them lapse in the future.
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote