Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 18, 2003, 1:36 PM   #1
Default color quality between coolpix 5700 and cybershot DSC-F717??

recently i am using a basic 1 mega pixel cam. and really like to upgrade it to about 5 megapixel cam. i have come across 2 models.
nikon coolpic 5700 and sony cybershot dsc-f717 .. i would like to ask if any of photographers out there have used both models. i would like to ask about the color quality and picture quality and ease of use? in my line of work, sometimes i need the quality of texture and color , detail.
so i would like to ask for suggestion about both cams, about their color and quality?
thank you so much for ur hlp
bon32805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2003, 7:01 PM   #2

When I was searching for a 5MP camera last December I also narrowed it down to the Sony F717 and the Nikon 5700.

I purchased the F717 thinking it was the right choice. I also have the Sony TRV18 MiniDV so having 2 FM50 batteries on hand put me at ease ;-) . The F717 is a great camera however, if you want the colors to match your subject then I suggest the 5700. The F717 captures reds, greens and blues too vividly for my taste.
See the difference below, they were the only comparison shots I have left, I trashed the others.

I ended up taking the F717 back after 2 weeks and exchanging it for the 5700. No regrets.
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote