Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:06 AM   #1

I gota new Canon SD700 a few days ago and am on vacation. I set up the camera in auto mode until I get myself familiar with it. I took quite a few pics and took out the memory card and put it into my laptop and was really dissapointed. The images were not so clear. I am a film guy and am used to my Nikon F100.I take the pictures and have them put onto acd sometimes.Those pictures are great. I know I'm not comparing apples to apples but have seen digital pictures on not so expensive digital cameras that look good. I mus be doing something wrong. Any ideas or hints?

Thanks- Ken
ken6217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:13 AM   #2

I'd suggest doing some tests under controlled situations. Tripod, good outdoor lighting, fixed objects, etc. Then see what results you get. It could be something as simple as shutter lag, which all inexpensive digicams have, resulting in camera shake. You should try to hold a digicam very still from a bit before to a bit after the click of the shutter, because sometimes the camera doesn't actually let you know accurately when the shutter is actuating. It also might be something that could be fixed in the camera settings for sharpness, saturation, and so on.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:04 AM   #3

It is really hard to give hints about pictures we can't see. Post some and maybe someone can help.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote