Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 11, 2002, 11:23 PM   #1

Hi, I am deciding wether to buy a DCS-P31 that doesnt have optil zoom but digital zoom its a 2.1 Megapixl, or the A30 buy Canon that does have zoom and 1.3 megapixel.
If none of those are good, what should I get if I want to just take pictures of friends and whatever pops up on a vacation? All I want is goood quality in fotos on email, I wont ever print anything. THANX!!!!!!!!! I dont want to spend over 450 Canadian, hehe
BRAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:03 AM   #2

Digital zoom is worthless. For 450 C$, tou shjould be able to do a lot better. The Nikon 2500, a 3x mpix 2.1 camera sells for 270 US$ new and is a great camera. You may also be able to find a used Coolpix 900 series for less than that.
Steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:37 PM   #3

I agree with Steve,, 450 canadian is about 270 US and for 270 you should be able to get a much better camera, a canon A40 or a Fuji 2600 come to mind both have opticle zoom and are 2.1 meg pixel. Much better buys. Look on the internet for prices, i beleive Ritz cameras is a advertiser for this site you could look at prices there and see if they ship to canada. If your looking at local stores in your area you will pay alot more.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote