Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:57 PM   #1

Last week my R818 was having problems with the gears that control the optical zoom on the camera. I was out of town so my girlfriend called HP about a week before the warrenty ended. She got a case number and all that but the tech guy wasn't really clear on what we should do.

So today I called HP and they said that since it was now out of warrenty by two days that he couldn't do anything (other than offer to sell me another for 130) I told him that wasn't acceptable and that they warranty should be honored since when my girlfriend originally called in the camera was still under warranty. After argueing with him for about 15 minutes he put me on hold and let me sit there. It was about 30 minutes so I got frustrated and hung up. I'm sure that was his plan.

I think I'm perfect within my rights to demand that they replace or fix this camera under warranty since the claim was made before the warranty expired.

Am I mistaken? Should I report to the BBB? I couldn't seem to get the case escalated to a supervisor - even though he said he spoke to one...

Any ideas? Any one I can talk to that actually works for HP?

THanks in advance

markheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links