Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Mar 2, 2004, 6:50 PM   #1
Default HP 945 Burns Batteries like candies?

Hi There PPL!!
Ive Bought a HP Photosmart 945, 4AA Uniross 2300mah Batteries, and an Universal Uniross Charger (the cheapest) wich charges the batteries in 24h...

Ive used the batteries once, and it seemed to me that the camera burns the batteries to quick... is just of me?

Whats the battery life in a 945?

Tks a lot for the help!!!
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:24 PM   #2

Al NiMH batteries have to be cycled (charged and used and charged again) at least 3-5 times before they hold a maximum charge. This is because most chargers will only bring the cells up to a 85-90% charge to avoid overcharging them.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 1:16 PM   #3

Yeah....Steves' right about that, I get roughly 100 photos from a set of fully charged 2200mAH on my hp945. The cold will also have an adverse effect on the batteries, in very cold conditions (below freezing) they can run out about 75% quicker!

photosmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:31 AM   #4

i own a hp camera, and i have found that the trend with hp cameras are that there battery life is absolutely awful, try the flash and live view and you may be lucky if you get more than 15 pics in...........if this cam is in warranty still, i suggest you return it, its a heap of junk...............its extremely embarrasing to take a few pics and then have to change batteries very soon, i know and i am talking from experience.

if you u take a sony for example whcih has battery stamina, the batteries last a very long time wihtout hassels, cos i put batteries that were drained in my cam in a sony and they lasted for over an hour................return your hp its a heap of junk, i know!
zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:35 AM   #5

oh and btw if you dont believe me on th ebattery problem on the hps, just browse this hp forum and the battery forum and see how many ppl complain abt the batery life

then go to any other cam forum and see how many times ppl complain abt battery life..........................
zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 6:58 AM   #6
Default No problems with battery life on the HP945

I have been using the HP 945 since last December. I have 2 set of rechargeable batteries: 4 x 1700 mh and 4 x 2100mh.

The duration is good, I never had problems with it.

The only isuue is that the battery indicator is a little misleading: after a few shots it shows that you are at 30% capacity. Actually, this is not true because you can take many more shots. Even when it indicates 0% (all gray icon), you can take some more shots!

For me this is a very minor prblem: I carry my spare batteris anyway, when the camera stops shooting I simply change them. I've never needed more than one set of spares.

dariob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 11:36 PM   #7

I have used a 618 since 2001, nearly 7000 pics with it, carry it EVERYWHERE with me. My wife has an 812. I just sold my 850 and bought a 945. The first thing we did was buy chargers (Powerhaus) and batteries for each of the first two. I am still using the first batteries we bought in '01. I don't know how many times they have been recharged - and I don't care. Changing batteries doesn't embarrass me. Now, if my pants fell down while I was changing batteries..... I'll have to struggle along with my HP's. The 945 is a fantastic camera. I am glad to be able to join this forum. kjohn
kjohn is offline   Reply With Quote