Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Aug 7, 2004, 3:10 AM   #1

I sent a tech support email to HP asking if they could tell me at approx. what speed the photosmart 735 wrote to memory cards so I could be sure to get a memory card that was fast enough and wouldn't slow down the camera during write operations. What I got back from them was a ridiculous response that first tried to butter me up by thanking me for so clearly stating my question because it was very helpful in answering the question, followed by a quote from the manual stating the camera wrote to the memory at a constant speed and other unrelated info, and then finally after 2 paragraphs of not so clearly worded fluff, an admittion that the customer service rep. could not give me any idea of what speed the camera wrote to the memory card... Way to go HP support. Any users on this forum have any suggested card speeds. It seems to write pretty slowly to me, so I'm thinking an 8X or 12X is probably fine, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has more insight.

bfollett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:59 AM   #2

The wright speed might not be as critical as the speek of the memory card. Some of the cards are faster and store the file faster. I have found this to be true on my HP850.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote