Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Nov 1, 2004, 7:27 PM   #1

I have used for a few months an HP735. Because of its poor indoor quality, ghosting LCD, low speed memory, blurred corners and lack of focusing in low light I decided to sell it and buy instead a Canon A400. It also has 3.2 MP and use SD card but there is only 2.2 x optical zoom. Despite of its poor zooming Canon A400 has 9 point AiAF, infrared focus assist lamp, intelligent sensor orientation, less noise, more capture modes, resolutions, video 640x480, more features and...it is cheapper with 20$. What would you choose?
Clive Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2004, 2:54 PM   #2

The price is of A400 cheap but, looking at specifications, I see at least 2 major drawbacks:

- zoom range. Not because of 2 x, but the wide angle is very limited: 45 mm. Forget taking a picture of a group indoor.

- sensor size (1/3.2"). It is smaller than the HP735 one, I don't expect very high quality, especially in low light

Please note, howeveer, that I never used one, so maybe the things are better, in practice.

In my opinion, if you want something that is a real improvment over the HP735, you should try at least the Canon A75 (more expensive, of course). Or Nikon 3200.

dariob is offline   Reply With Quote