Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:24 PM   #1

Photosmart C200, PC (Win98SE) doesn't detect a connection. The letters PC do not show up on the camera LCD either. When using the Scanner/Camera Installation wizard, the only listing that appears is Kodak. I've tried every troubleshooting option from HP website. If I need a driver of some kind, could someone help me locate this? I would appreciate any suggestions!

bugsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:39 AM   #2

Win '98 SE will require the correct drivers for virtually any USB device (including your camera). HP makes drivers available for their products under the "Support and Drivers" menu choice from their main page at http://www.hp.com

If you have the original CD-ROM, I'd use it. If you don't, you can order one from HP from your model (you will see this option when you select Windows 98 ).

HP C200 Software and Drivers Page for Windows 98

You will also see a troubleshooting menu choice on this page.

Unfortunately, I don't see a choice to download the Win '98 drivers directly (it appears that you'll need to order a CD). There is a driver update download that you may want to try (but I don't know if it will require the original software and drivers to be installed or not).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote