Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:09 PM   #1

Just curious if anyone knows.... If the batteries are left out of the camera (for about 3 months or perhaps longer) is it possible for the pictures that were on the camera (not in a memory card) to just disappear?

I'm just wondering because I was because I had a camera that had some risque photos on them, but I lost the battery cover and kinda set it aside for a while and my boyfriend found the camera while i was moving and took it without my knowledge and fixed it. I was upset because he had no right to do that, but he said that there were no pictures in the camera and that they probably just disappeared because the batteries had been left out of it. I don't really buy the story, so I just wanted to see if any of you know if that's true or not: that since the batteries were left out for so long that the pictures were just erased???

Thank you for your help. I sincerely appreciate it!
likewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:36 PM   #2

I don't want to throw any oil on the fire, but you are right in that it is indeed quite improbable that the pictures disappeared for lack of cells.

My HP digital camera is a cheaper Point-and-shooter than your and looking at the specs, I see it sports flash memory (mine is 16mb). Flash memory is what you find in memory cards and sticks and it doesn't require any power except to read or write from/to it.

Of course, like any technological things, it *might* fail...
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote