Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:01 PM   #1
Default 720: Use HP's software or internal XP?

When I started using my 720 I installed the HP PhotoSmart software that came with the camera. I like the fact that it will transfer the photo(s)/video(s) and then store them in a folder with the month name automatically.

With the PhotoSmart software installed, you can not transfer back to the camera. So, which do you think is better? Using HP's software, or should I uninstall the HP software and allow XP to find the camera and transfer the files via XP's own interface?

Thank you
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2003, 2:58 PM   #2

I also installed the HP software but due to the fact that my cradle was defective after 1 month (HP850) and I had to wait 2 months for a new one (hopefully tomorow) I decided to buy a cruzer from Sandisk to transfer the pictures and I like that so much I don't know what to do after I get my cradle back.

The cradle is much safer I guess because the SD card is staying IN the camera. You can however when the camera is set to diskdrive transfer to the card back when the camera is in the cradle, although that's with the 850/812.

For speed I would advise to use a reader, for ease of use the HP software and for protection of your card also the HP software.

Hope this helps a bit (although probarbly you don't have a cradle, please look at the last part of the answer).

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote