Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:21 PM   #1
Default Arizona Sunset

I have been going out (or at least trying - its so darn HOT) in the evenings, looking for some locations that have some interesting views, especially when coupled with a sunset.

This was just a target of opportunity - along the roadside as I was loosing the light and sunset. Upon closer inspection, this was somewhat near what I wanted, but not the perfect location or view. I took several sets of bracketed images, wound up tossing quite a few of them due to light leakage back in through the viewfinder (I need to find my viewfinder cap - I put it somewhere for safekeeping and now unable to find it).

After tossing the ones with way too much noise from the leaking light, I experimented with stacking the remaining ones together in terms of an HDR - and this is the result....

K20, DA 55-300 @ 55mm, exposures ranging from 1 second, up to 30 seconds, ISO 100, all f8, with EV Bias of -2, 0, 2, 4. 9 images. And this was essentially the bottom quarter of the images. So Autopano tells me that this is about 24 degrees wide and 4 degrees high.

Attached Images
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:07 PM   #2

I used some shadow/highlight to bring out some details. I think it opens up just enough.
Attached Images
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:21 PM   #3

I like this shot a lot. I've only seen those cactus trees in cartoons when as a little kid I watched Looney Tunes (RoadRunner included) on TV on weekends.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote