Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Default Rainbow colors Sunset

Hello all,

I went back and revisited the photos i took last week and came across this one that i had forgotten all about. Not hard to do with about 2000 photos in one folder (i need to get better at organizing them)

This is a three shot exposure merged in Photomatix Pro v4, and enhanced with topaz adjust

Attached Images
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:19 AM   #2

If it is any consolation (is that correctly spelled..?), you are not the only one with 2000 photos in one folder. I am just as disorganized...

About your picture: I do like it a lot. It has a certain serenity to it. The composition is a good one, with that great tree in the foreground. I would have liked the left frame not to have cut that small bush in halve (either in or out), but then - nothing is ever perfect.

I do like the colors and the "moving" clouds gives the picture some more interest then it would have had with "frozen" clouds. I'm not too keen on black heavy frames and your signatures is "shouting" a lot...

Best regards,
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:37 AM   #3

For me what makes this pic really good is the exposure of the tree on the right. Its a silhouette against the sky but a good exposure against the background of trees. All in all a great shot.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote