Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:31 PM   #1

Default Atrium

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:49 PM   #2

It is very pleasant to me.

Interesting is the lighting projection of the suspended sails on the second deck's side wall. (Subliminally can appear to look like crude block spelling of the word "HAPPY".)

Thought occurred that a possibility is to arrange the sails so that as the sun traverses, key words appear derived from the shadows and light (eg, one at 10am, another at 12 noon and maybe another at 3pm). (This would be a bit complicated no doubt and would need a computer program to derive the suspended sail settings/position-ings. A few small clock motors rotating some of the sails should allow the trick.)
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:19 AM   #3

Default Nice Shot

I've never tried HDR or hardly ever look at this part of the forum. You take some great pictures. I have a newbie question. How do you do it? and do you use a certain software to combine your pics? Can you point me in the right direction on how to start doing this? I really like how a lot of the HDR pictures look. I've just never tried it.

Thanks!!!
wolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:49 PM   #4

Study the "Stickys" provided for this (HDR) forum series :

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr-98/

Also look here :

https://www.stuckincustoms.com/complete-hdr-tutorial/
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:30 PM   #5

Thank you!!!
wolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:23 PM   #6

Quote:
I've never tried HDR or hardly ever look at this part of the forum. You take some great pictures. I have a newbie question. How do you do it? and do you use a certain software to combine your pics? Can you point me in the right direction on how to start doing this? I really like how a lot of the HDR pictures look. I've just never tried it.
Microsoft ICE is a freeware program that does a great job of compositing images. It's best to do it on a tripod, or to carefully turn the camera so that it swivels at the sensor, but even if you're not perfect, the results are usually good.

Lately, I've been using Photomatix, but a good freeware program is Luminance HDR. AutoHDR is another good product. You can often get a pretty good result from just putting a single image into AutoHDR.

If you shoot raw images, you can use software like Raw Therapee (freeware) to make a series of different exposures from one raw image, and then recombine them to make an HDR.

Thanks for your kind comments. Best thing to do, is to read the tutorials, and then just mess with it, until you get the look you want.

Enjoy. Half the fun is learning how.

Last edited by The Barbarian; Jul 14, 2017 at 11:26 PM.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote