Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:20 PM   #11

I have the PRV too its pretty cool. I have been thinking bout a minidv. I guess when i found out about the hybrids i kinda of fell in love with them. Cuz there pocket size and stuff. That sanyo you mentioned looks great....
guitardude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:46 PM   #12

The PVR video is not quite as smooth and clean as my IS-DV was. Sadly I managed to lose that. How is anyones guess of course LOL. The PVR needs a firmware update in my opinion but talking to Aiptek falls on deaf ears even though they have PVR's with a higher firmware than mine!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:37 PM   #13

The steadily increasing proportion of consumer products with embedded software poses an interesting challenge for the manufacturers.

Do they keep present owners happy by freely upgrading their older equipment, or force their customers to buy new stuff by refusing to upgrade the old stuff?

My answer to that is they should make the same amount of money by charging enough for the upgrades to make a profit. After all, software upgrades require almost no raw material, distribution or manufacturing costs compared to making new products, and it's far easier on the planet.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote