Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1

I've bought a couple of NP-60 batteries, plus one SLB-0837 for my Samsung i6, from an eBay seller called digibattery. Although the batteries certainly were cheap, they have proven to hold less charge than the batteries supplied with the cameras. In the case of the SLB-0837, the battery is pretty useless.

Yesteday afternoon I ordered a battery compatible with the SLB-0837 from a place called Optex. In fact, they're located just 20 miles from here, in Canada. To my amazement, the battery arrived at my door this morning, about 18 HOURS later!

Anyway, it's charging up now, and we'll see how good it is. While still affordable, it cost about 3 times as much as the digibattery batteries. But I'd happily spend an extra $20 to not have a battery go flat in the middle of a trip.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:41 PM   #2

totally agree.

replacement batteries will drain and lose its charge, and even the orginal battery that is with a camera will wear out as well.

as you use a battery andkeep recharging it has less, life time each time you use

a new batteryshould last 2 full hours. and 100 charges later not 20 minutes .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote