Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:18 PM   #11

Needless to say, the new owner of the DV5200 is delighted with her new toy. Not as much as the Tamagochi, but what can we expect?

I've been noticing ads during tv shows she watches, of a camera that looks just like the DV5200. Turns out Hasbro sells a version of it as the VCam Now 2.0. Except the VCam lacks the 5200's MP3 player and max video is 320x200. And it costs about $90 usd. I trust Hasbro is making a nice profit on them. Seems to me kids would find the cameras much more interesting if they had the music player. Anyway, it's interesting that hybrids are finding their way into the market via that route.

Hasbro has also sold a version of the Mustek DV2 as the VCam Now. Someone else sells a purple DV2 clone as a "Hello Kitty" camera. Egad.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 6:44 AM   #12

Hasbro, and Tiger electronics

has these cameras

green is another color

been in a toys r us store, talked about before and is old news 4 years old news. glad your family member is enjoying.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/no camcorder there? 29 pgs nodda

Tiger electronics is the other name for hasbro, and green Mini mass media is the device it is suited for, that is why the res is So small

Old news on the Vcam series over 4 years oldnews, the older stye Mustek was in gold/orange also known as the Bcam1 thought I had it in the threads I know its there but again all the best with it? a few $$ more better model could have been found .

VCAMNOW 2.0 Digital Video Camera

Creative Child Magazine - Preferred Choice Award - Travel Toys for Kids Category

[align=center]Capture those memorable moments or just explore your creative side with VCAMNOW 2.0! The 32MB of built-in memory means you can store up to 80 digital photos or seven minutes of video. Get a closer view with the 4x digital zoom. There's also a self-timer that lets you take pictures of yourself or join your friends! No more squinting to set up the perfect shot—a 1.5-inch color flip-out screen lets you hold VCAMNOW 2.0 at an angle that's comfortable for you! Show off your new photos or video footage on the flip-out screen or use the included USB or AV cables to view them on your television or personal computer. You can even connect your VCAMNOW to your PC and use it as a web cam! How cool is that?

VCAMNOW 2.0 features also include:
  • Supports standard SD/MMC Card. Expand your memory and get up to 1GB of additional storage! (SD Card not included.) [/*]
  • 3 Mega pixel interpolated resolution [/*]
  • USB and AV ports [/*]
  • Built-in speaker, microphone [/*]
  • Connect to your computer to use as a Web cam [/*]
  • 280 x 220 Screen resolution [/*]
    VCAMNOW 2.0 system requirements:

• Pentium® 266 MHz processor or higher [/*]
  • Microsoft® Windows 98se/Me/2000/XP [/*]
  • Available USB port [/*]
  • Super VGA card and color monitor [/*]
  • CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive [/*]
  • At least 128MB RAM recommended [/*]
  • 200MB available Hard Disk space
VCAMNOW 2.0 specifications: [/*]
  • 32MB Internal flash memory [/*]
  • Screen resolution 280 x 220 [/*]
  • Photo Resolution 2048 x 1536 [/*]
  • Photo Resolution 1600 x 1200 [/*]
  • Photo Resolution 640 x 480 [/*]
  • Video resolution 320 x 240 [/*]
  • Memory slot SD/MMC [/*]
  • File format JPEG/AVI [/*]
  • Digital zoom 4X [/*]
  • Shutter speed 1/8 to 1/2000 second[/*]
Digital video camera comes with USB Cable, AV Cable, Driver CD, and instructions.

2 AA batteries required (not included)

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote