Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:09 PM   #1

Hi everyone!

...and thanks for the wonderful job you're doing here!

I'd need to know if - as stated on some sites as pricerunner.com - among the C4, C5, C6 from Sanyo's Xacti, there's any model that has both NTSC and PAL (30fps / 25fps) recording capabilities.

If not, is is true the camcordersare able to output both NTSC and PAL video? How come? Would the 30fps-recorded footage play smoothly on a PAL T.V. set?

Thank youonce more,

ps: I need PAL viewing / editing!... I would even buy a PAL-recording version of Xacti if it existed! If there is no such thing, what hybrid can I buy instead?
gabriels123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2006, 6:26 AM   #2

years ago 50 htz for overseas ( europe), 60 htz usa (domestic).

stil today 220 plus overseas, 120 plus Usa.

one device, they do not make one hybrid model for pal, and one hybrid model for ntsc? it wouldbe just changing a capaciter andsome parts, and sending its correct unit to its origan.

On Any type of Hybrid camera there are settings, you go into the model, and set to Pal, ntsc, and its language as well.

the software supplied also has settings and a language choice to.

For example, Ulead video suiete 8se loaded in english will run all features of the program. In german you'll lose a feature, and have to work around not having that feature and it may have been the dvd burning

One member can verify that, branch....... I believe He's the one who asked afew months back, may be in the aiptek post.

lastly This question is notrealy off topic but forfurther assistance on the sanyo check out their Index? Rgvcam is an owner he may assist you, on this, andtell youexactly what buttons to press.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 12:19 PM   #3

Yes they do output in both PAL and NTSC. In fact most digital cameras do these days.

As far as I can tell, there is no native PAL framerate recording version for the UK. They seem to be 30fps as well. I bought a Canon Camera recently and decided to look up Canon cameras in the UK out of interest and they also seem to record in 30fps as well.

I myself have a Sanyo C40 and am going to the UK at the end of next week so I guess I will have first hand knowledge of how the video plays back on a PAL TV.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote