Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:45 PM   #1

I bought a digilife DDV-S670 a little over a tear ago (I think). It is no longer working and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my problem or of an online troubleshooting page. I have looked in their website with no luck.

I open the camera and it makes the little ringing noise like it is on but the screen is completely blank. It has been doing this sporadically for some time now but I could close it and re-open it and it would work but now nothing. Also the battery just falls out when you open the latch but I think you used to hit a release (not positive on this though). This is not as important as the black screen though unles it is related.

Anyways I desperately need my camera to work as i lost my job in november and am hoping ebay will help me to get through a return to college without working!!

Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas all, aquaeous

aquaeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:21 AM   #2

Some troubleshooting is in order.

Does it look like the camera is completely dead, or that the screen alone is not working?

Can you play mp3's on it?

Do you have a spare battery you can test it with?

Try putting a memory card in it, and using it as a camera and as though there's nothing wrong with it. Of course you can't see what it's filming, but it may be recording anyway.

Use your computer to see if there's anything recorded on the memory card.

Try the same experiment using the camera's internal memory.

Try formatting the memory card and repeating the experiment. Some types of files on the memory card will cause these cameras to fail to start up.

The answers to these things will tell you if there's an issue with your memory card, the internal memory, the main cpu, the battery, or the screen subsystem.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote