Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:10 PM   #1

Hi I have a question about the aiptek MPVR. I've searched around on these forums, but I haven't seen it answered directly. When plugged into a television via the supplied a/v cable is it only possible to playback recorded material, or does it show a live image from the camera as well? I would like to know whether it's possible to capture a live image from the a/v out cables.

mflovebrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:22 PM   #2

Every one of these cameras I've plugged into a tv set can feed live from the camera to the tv. So you could go directly to the VCR, or DVD if you have one that records. I can't say 100% for sure if it also transfers sound, but I don't see why not.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:47 AM   #3

As A Owner of this Model, and did not se this post due to my trip.

1. there is a cdr owners manual.

av out is playback only. you are using the tv as a monitor, but when the Hybrid is turned on, the MPVr you are in the Actual recording mode, you should have tested this out when you had that thought in mind .

1 the MPVr will film, and record actual footage, and sound.

2 the MPVr will take snap shots, and all other functions will act like the hybrid without the hook up. Untill you set to playback.

tested and worked fine
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote