Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 6, 2007, 3:25 PM   #1

As I was set for my trip. everything went into the security of the Airport , so my MPVr was X-rayed.

1 the sd card had 2 clips on which I forgot thought I cleared it before, but I rushed for an earlier flight.

2. When I taken my 1st pic, my MPVr froze stuck in the red record ofa still picture. i thought it broke LOL. I did the reboot , remove battery. it happened one more time later on in the week about 4 days later.

Is it a glitch, I believe it is the sdcard going in the X-ray, and the clip I had that was highly pixalted.

3 on a good note I taken all my sd cards and batteries, never filled up the 1 gig 600 meg only, but I am not trusting the pictures anymore , when I taken my shots , any moving, motion shot seemsslower, yes I am running 1501 firmware, will update to 1707 .

I do love it for the video though. I wil be searching again for a pro camera compact.

good or bad 50% lost shots and they were just a pic of nothing special

as promised here is an eveningshot, was rushed in taking it. all the lamps were powerful, lighting up the whole area, I am happy when I viewed through the lcd screen, but somewhat dissappointed when watching on the pc

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2007, 4:15 PM   #2

It is quite safe to put digital cameras and flash memory through Xray machines. I also have a phone with a ton of photos (all backed up!) on a memory card that has regularly gone through xray machines without any corruption of the photos.

Like any electronics, I would always recommend taking them in carry on luggage though, and never checking them in.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote