Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 17, 2007, 5:17 AM   #1

has anybody encountered this issue with digilife s670 having a black screen, i have a friend who is trying to sell his digilife ddv-s670 for but i am afraid to buy it because i am earing a lot of people are having issues with it's LCD just turning blank and i havent find any thread of showing how to fix it. is there any way to prevent it?
thanks a lot in advance!
korealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:02 AM   #2

I have not heard so how can many people be hearing if no one really posts?

a Lcd screen may go blank for a number of reasons

1. tampering wit hthe device

2 extensive use of the device

3 firmware upgrading, or even hitting the wrong buttons that may delete the firmware, anything is possablr

Also possably the Bios went bad.

there are 20 pages and a search may be needed, as i am not the one again goingthrough page by page sorry
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:44 PM   #3

Hi korealm,

I wasn't sure if your friend's S670 has a dead screen, or you'd heard this was a common problem.

I used to have an S670, and spent lots of time looking for discussions and reviews etc. of them. I don't recall hearing of any that had dead screens.

Not that it's impossible, of course.

The S670 is a pretty neat camera. Be aware that it has a very insensitive microphone, and the "sideways" layout can be an annoyance. The more recent production runs had image stabilization, while the older ones did not.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote