Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:29 PM   #1

I have a Besta Digi-Eye V3 6.6 MP Digital Video Camera (The silver version). The instructions say that the videos can be captured in MPEG4 format...yet when I pop my SD card into my computer, the files are in AVI format.... Does anyone have this camera or know how to change the format some how? I cannot seem to figure it out from the chinese-english instructions nor from the menu on the camera itself. This would help me immensely, thank you.

redbar0n11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:37 PM   #2

red welcome

mpeg4 video is more like how can I say it , keeping it simple

avi is a bgger format, I preferre it over asf. you may search the net and the site may explain something of use?

it is like driving a limo and outdated, to driving a sports car that has a lot of legroom but super small

on another note* Mpeg4 is mostely on a sd/mmc card, not on dvc tapes or is it?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:23 PM   #3

There are many combinations of ways to code digital video. MPEG4 can be in .asf or .avi format, and for all I know, other formats also.

You can use converter software to go from one to another, within certain limits. Certainly asf to avi, or vice versa, is commonly done.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote