Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:46 PM   #1

Hey guys, looking for advice. I have read every thread here and still need some direction .

I am looking for a new hybrid to carry on the boat with me. I took my kids out today and used my Olympus SP-510UZ to takes pictures and take some video. I never took video with it and THOUGHT it recordered in MPEG4 format. WRONG, with a 1 gig card I only got 8 minutes of VGA 30fps video. That aint gonna cut it. Would have killed to have my MPVR back, but thats another story :sad:.

Anyway, I want a new, small, MPEG4 based hybrid to allow me to some good outdoor video clips. Here is what I would like....

D1 capabable, 4 gig memory capable, CCD sensor not CMOS, good outside video and pictures (would like somewhat decent indoor video but not as important), AV in, at least a 3" screen, built in battery, photoflash, would like optical zoom, but thats probably wishful thinkinng.

Anyway, I am torn between the new SVP and the Digilife as well as the New Aiptek that came out. I wanted to spend no more than $250 and the SVP is looking like a front runner, but I have not seen any really good detailed reviews on them, unless I missed them. If you were me, what would you buy????? Appreciate the help, thanks!
jaggermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:43 PM   #2

If you're talking about the Digilife DDV-5120a, then beware of the very weak microphone. If that makes a difference to you.

You might also consider the Samsung NV3 digital still camera. But its 720x480 is 20fps, not 30.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:38 AM   #3

I keep my options open

casio exslim

Aiptek may not be the option but a last resort

if salt or freshwater gets on em they will hold up butnot submerged?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote