Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:44 AM   #1

The hybrid devices along with those from Sanyo etc make great spontaneous cameras for capturing your kids playing etc.

Generally they produce far better video than the majority of cameraphones, yet they are very easy to take with you. While they won't totally beat my cameraphone for spontaneous use (after all I have my phone every where I go), they are great to just grab and just quickly grab a short video clip to send to friends and relatives.

The point of this post, is that sometimes it is nice to have a few of those movie clips on your phone, for visits to friends and relatives, especially since the quality will be higher. Phones are often able to play back higher bitrate video than they could create themselves.

A video of your kids etc is often more rewarding to watch than just the still images. It is a source of joy to watch the wonder on an elderly relatives face when you can not only show them a photo but actual video on your phone of your kids!

One great utility to achieve this is free and called Super! Before I had found this sometime back, the only way to convert video to my Nokia Smartphone was with Nokia's own multimedia tool which you had to register on their developers site to get. Also it won't accept any kind of windows media files such as .asf which Aiptek uses, though it does accept .mp4 files from my Sanyo amazingly enough.

You can get this great utility from here: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

This convertor is not just for Nokia phones but any phone that accepts .3gp and .3gp2 files plus it does regular video conversion with quite a few formats supported. Well recommended.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links