Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 28, 2007, 3:07 PM   #1

Hi everybody,

I'm looking foward to buy a genius g-shot dv1112, specs here:

for the price $155

What I need is camera that will shoot pictures more then 5 megapixels, capture movies avi Xvid or Mpeg 30fps minimum 640x480, SDcards 2giga, play Mp3, Webcam, Ebook, video IN/OUT, audio IN/OUT, record voice, has microphone, speakers, remote control, manual camera controls(exposure, white balance, etc). has POWER SUPLY and cheaper littium batteries that could last for long time.

This model seems to have all I need, finally.

I'm a movie maker and have a need for a production camera that could help around on casting, location pictures, display docs, record voice, etc. It dosen't need to be of a high quality of course.

I've been through this forum a lot searching for a good model and this one looks perfect. Since it was lauched more over the begining of 2007, It seems hard to find any review or user analysis on this one. I know genius has a DV 1110 before this one and it seems to have some glitches here and there.

Can anyone help? Does anyone knows a hybrid that would offer this specs?
Thanks in advance.
Erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2007, 3:40 AM   #2

Main disadvantage of this hybrid is that it has CMOS sensor. Forget about evening and night shots.
Piterplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 3:26 PM   #3

cmos, ccd Just rememberthese are nor 3 ccd lenses? for that hope others can comment
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote