Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:51 AM   #1

Just dropped in to pass along a sale on an entry level Hybrid camcorder. Canadian Tire has their 6.6 MP Digitron Digital Camcorder on for $129.99 this week (June 8 - 14). CT have had this camcorder on before but this is the first time the ad makes no mention of "limited quanties" nor "sorry no rainchecks". It's also the first time I've seen my local CT have quite a few in stock.

This rebadged camcorder is put out by Jazz Products LLC, as by the warranty card. Jazz has their own model the Jazz DV-169. You can find the specs [http://www.jazzcameras.com/Product_Details/DV-169.htm] here[/url]. The camcorder is also similar to the Digilife DDV-720 and the Ispan DDV-720, minus the remote.

Having played with it for a few moments I can say the low light image quality is better than my Aptek IS-DV2. As well the 2" rotating screen is very nice. The ability of not being able to adjust the volume during video playback is a bit of a let down. Guess I won't be using it as a video playback device. Another peeve is it uses a micro jack for both the headphones and AV cable. A 1/8" mini jack adapter can be used if needed.

Sgspirit put up a nice review of the Digilife DDV-720 here that points out the Pros and Cons of that camera.

In my mind the Pros out weigh the Cons for this entry level device.
Scott C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links