Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:27 AM   #1

Has anyone tried to play their own videos on the SVP HDDV-8800?

I haven't had any luck converting anything that will play.

The closest I have come to playing my own video is a conversion to Xvid. The 8800 sees the file (which I placed in the "AVI" directory on my SD card) and when I press the play button, it just freezes and turns off after about 10 seconds.

My other conversions (e.g. to M-JPEG, which it says it supports) just end up showing up as a big question mark (?) when I go into playback mode.

The best part of all this is that I tried to get some support from SVP and this is the transaction I had:

You have to covert the xvid files to mepg4.

We don't have a conversion software.

寄件日期: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:04 PM
收件者: operation@svp-tech.com
主旨: A Message from SVP-Tech

±H«HªÌ :
¸Ô²Ó±¡§Î : Hi I recently purchased an HDDV-8800 and I was wondering how I can play my own xvid videos? Where do I put the files? How can I view pictures taken on another camera (stored in a different directory)?

The demonstration shows a demo video of a James Bond movie, but I don't know where to put my video so that I can play it on the HDDV-8800. The same goes for pictures I have stored on my computer that I would like to display on the HDDV-8800.

Thanks in advance.

"You have to covert the xvid files to mepg4." - Nice and helpful.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has been able to convert something and play it on their 8800.

digi-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links