Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 1, 2007, 9:00 AM   #1

As many of you know, I've had my critisizm of Aiptek for many things (lying on specs of MP and framerate, bending video, low light performance, etc..) but I just wanted to share these pictures with you.

If you've never used Flickr before, it is nice beause you can view thumbnails and even get the full-sized originals.These are from my IS-DV2. I only took these in 3 MP mode (for obvious reasons) but they look fantastic, just like from any other high-end camera.

I went down to Walgreens yesterday and had some of them processed as photos to send in the mail to some family that do not use computers. When I looked at the final prints I was amazed because they actually look better than the old film camera I used to use years ago before getting into digital cameras. I rarely get photos processed, in fact it has been years. But this confirms my suspicion that 3 MP is plenty of resolution for a 4x6 print. Why these people always think they need 10 MP is beyond me.

This is really surprising from a CMOS imager. But there are two things to consider with these pictures - they were taken by somebody who knows how to take good pictures. For example, nearly all of these were taken with the Macro on. This allows a smaller depth-of-field that resembles that of a professional SLR camera. I also always make sure to take pictures from the proper angles in accordance to what lighting is available. In the hands of a novice, the pictures from a more expensive CCD based camera would likely come out much better due to the fact that it would give better results than the Aiptek under poorer lightingconditions.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:34 PM   #2

nice shots, they are priceless!

my casio LMAO cannot get that good of a shot at timesI always said hold a ten count due to lag, and electronic sound
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 9:12 PM   #3

Lovely photos. They say 3MP is good enough for up to 8x10 provided of course you have a decent camera. I found that I could easily print good 6x4's from my old 1.3MP Olympus D340R.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote