Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:14 PM   #1

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if this happens to everyone or just that I have a crappy camera. I'm using the Ispan DDV-920 and whenever I move the camera quickly or bump it against something, it will fail and shut down.It only happens when it's running on batteries which makes taking videos outside really annoying since i have to hold it like a human tripod to get anything recorded.

Anyone experienced similar issues? Anyway to fix it??? maybe taping the battery in so it won't move??

Thanks y'all.
kmok86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:09 PM   #2

I have a DDV-920, and have found that on rare occasions it can shut down as if the battery isn't connecting properly. You could try fitting a piece of cardboard or folded paper at the bottom of the battery to press it against the contacts better, and see if that makes a difference.

It's also possible to get a bad battery.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 3:33 AM   #3

cardboard is too thick sg?

a few strips of scotch tape or masking tape one layer ata time

in the inner partt here are pins contact pins, they are not making a proper contact. they may be damaged or bent in too muck causing a battery crash?

this was a defect a longtime ago, and we had a rush of members that faded away with this model?

1 check for dirty pins on th battery, use a eraser to clean.

2 check for play on battery behinddoor, very hard but that iswhy you startto add a layer attime.

avery hard bump , yes will casueafailure on some other models too
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote