Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:53 PM   #11

Thanks for uploading the file. Framerate looks close to 30 fps, but you can see more compression artifacts and errors compared to the Aiptek A-HD and MPVR. I wanted to see what this model looked like because they show up on ebay every once in a while.

Can anyone else upload some sample videos from other makes/ models using the Blink DVD as A/V input source?????
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:06 AM   #12

The AV-In is terrible on the Roadster, although the DVD didnt come out to bad but theres a few bugs that really annoy me. If the recording is forced with bright white light afterwards it records a blurry image until recording stopped and restarted, it'll do this 100% of the time. Sometimes it'll loose all compression, e.g. I've recorded 45mins on max quality and it's about 700MB worth but other times it'll fill up my 2GB card, no reason why.

I had a long conversation with DXG tech support who appear to be complete retards, even though sending over proof vids/pics of it, which showed the problem clearly, they insisted there wasnt a problem, wouldnt supply a firmware upgrade and wanted the unit back but since I'm in the UK, it'll cost was to much to send back. In the end they told me to bugger off and closed the case file.
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote