Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 24, 2008, 9:50 PM   #1

Hopefully DXG's new HD camcorders will be better than the SD model I tested earlier this year.

Their Web site -- I just noticed -- is now updated to show the forthcoming DXG-566V and DXG-567V models.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2008, 2:22 AM   #2

Thanks for the heads up re: the update to the site. I'd like to hear your review of it whenever you get access to one.

One thing I am noticing is that on the 567V data sheet, it states that the focus is:

Normal: 5 feet to infinity
Macro: 8-9 inches

So that leaves 10 inches to 4 feet, 11 inches unaccounted for (not to mention a very tight range for macro). The Aiptek A-HD's focus for Macro to Normal are continuous.

One plus, though, is that it uses 2 AA NiMH batteries (which in a pinch, may be substituted for regular AAs, but it of course depends on what their manual says.)

However, one minus is that the 567V is only supportd by Windows; there is no MAC OS support mentioned (unless they are relying on the new Macs running Windows software).

So this sounds like a camera to watch, along with the 566V to see how they fair against their so-called "competition". (Aiptek, etc.)

3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote