Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 12, 2008, 3:04 PM   #1

It's easy to convert H264 files from AIPTEK Z500 (and others) to DIVX, playable with all (divx) DVD standalone players.
I am using Xoro 8500, which plays all files (but not H264), even native 1920x1080 mpeg or divx movies.

Burning 1280x720 or 1920x1080 mpeg or divx to DVD - that's all.

For converting H264--->divx you can use TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 or other programs.

comparing different qualitys with 1500/4000/6000 kbps - files playable with MediaPlayer, VLC, Nero Showtime4, DivxPlayer, ...

---> http://rapidshare.com/files/106778830/FILE0065_DIVX.rar.html
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:09 PM   #2

Interesting info.

I have a related problem. I've been using Cyberlink PowerDirector 5 to edit .avi and .asf files into movies. I recently got a Sanyo CG65, which takes video clips in H.264.

My first attempt to process these clips into a movie has ground to a halt. I understand PowerDirector is hopelessly unstable if you have other video editing software on your pc, but who can have only one video app? So I converted my pc to dual boot into a partition that has nothing but XP and PowerDirector.

I start over making the movie, and at exactly the same point, the software resumes crashing and crashing and crashing. So it's not because of having conflicting .dll's etc.

One option is to go buy a better video editor. But it looks like I could also try converting all the H.264 files into .avi's. Does this converter work in batch mode, and how long does it take to convert, say, a 10Mb video file?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:49 PM   #3

it does not take a long time to convert to mpeg - or divx. you also can cut & merge H264s

unknown, but super is SUPER = Simplified Universal Player Encoder and Renderer - which converts all to all :-) ... latest version March 2008

price: € 0.00, it's FREE!

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:28 AM   #4

I use MediaCoder for viewing and converting H.264 mov videos from my Aiptek A-HD 200. It works fine and is free also.

Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote