Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:52 AM   #1

ok well i bought the aiptek mpvr camera and my bro messed around with it a little and now everything is in negative colors. I dont know if he broke it or if its just a setting. Plz help

*edit* I just took a short minute film and it shows up in normal colors when u upload it to computer so is the screen broken or something?
Supertekaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Supertekaman and welcome to Steve's.

I don't personally have any knowledge of the Aiptek cameras, however we have a Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicamsand I've moved your post there as I think you have a much better chance to get the help you need from our experts in there.

Hope you get it sorted.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:49 PM   #3

Thank you Mike, and lets see what we can do.

I own quite a few of these, and If I owned a MPVr I learn all theropes of the cam. in the cams menu thereis a feature called effect, locate normal saphire and classic. none are negetive, so that is a issue right there

I understand you are saying the LCD shows a b & W clip but on playback, and on a pc all is fine.

playback on te tv will also show color?

I believe something came loose, a ribbon cable . do not bang but tap tap the body possable the ribbon cable slid off a pin.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:00 PM   #4

Many of these cameras have a setting to display and/or record in various filtered modes. Such as reverse color or sepia, black & white etc. But I'd think that would affect the output also.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 3:04 PM   #5

Yes, this sounds like a hardware error, especially if the menus look this way also. It sounds like the internal contrast setting has gottten screwed up.. probably a broken/loose/fried part (such as a resistor or transistor) as there are no software settings for this. On pretty much any LCD screen you can actually just about reverse the image if you move the contrast far enough. Most software selectable screens won't typically allow the user to move it that far, so unless you are epxerienced with the LCDs from the 1980's and early 1990's, you might not know what I'm talking about.

adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote