Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 5, 2008, 2:51 PM   #1

Hi all,

I found this on eBay, am intersted in purchasing this camera. I am used to using MiniDV tapes, and am ready to upgrade to HDV and start using SD Cards. I am a little concerned with quality of the video that this camera will capture. I dont have HDV viewing capability, but it seems to do D1 Video which I believe is comparable to MiniDV format. Could I capture HDV video, and convert it to D1 using premiere pro software. I am not really concerned about the still image capability of this camera as I have a good digital camera that does that.

Also could someone help me as to how many 2 gig or 4 gig cards i need to capture 2 hours of D1 video (MiniDV comparible) and HDV video. I do believe this camera is not totally HDV compliant, but does 720i, which i think is a step up form MiniDV tape. So i suppose what I am trying to figure out is, if this camera would be a significant upgrade from my JVC CyberCam GR-DVM50 MiniDV camcorder.

This little Camcorder costs $188.00. Below is the eBay link (Item#170214407530)

asquires2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2008, 3:09 PM   #2

Its a jazz 188 clone read the reviews in the jazz178/188 section, the only extra this has is the remote control
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 4:59 PM   #3

... and HD 1080 is "pure fantasy" !

video resolution = HD - High Definition 1280 x 720

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote