Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 28, 2008, 3:08 PM   #11

rgvcam I agree, but there are reasons they do not add extra controls. The camera is for the nobrainer market, so not much is expected and not much is given in controls (having controls can actually confuse people and turn them off, which is why we see pocket computing devices without computer functions, but I would like to change that though). Another reason could be market differentiation (you get what you pay for) not a $3K camera so you don't get more manual controls. Plus, adding games is easy, and does not really hinder them from adding manual controls.

However, if you want lots of manual controls, make a 35 mm SLR lens adaptor with bright fine grained focus screen, and put an SLR lens on the front. Not perfect, but improvement. I intend to give it a go myself. Go over to dvinfo net alternative imaging forums, and tell them Wayne sent you.

There have been lots of new 720p and 1080 cameras coming out, I have three unidentified ebay ones open in my browser at the moment, plus DXG has a higher bitrate one (by the looks of it). Posted links over at the hybrid cameras list thread. Maybe one of those might have better manual controls.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote