Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:07 PM   #1

Hi all I'm new to the forums. I picked up a Jazz HDV178 2 weeks ago for pretty cheap and figured I'd test it out for a bit to see if its worth keepin. I'm up in Canada and I've not see the Aiptek cams up here yet so I picked up the jazz to give it a go.

So far I can say that its pretty good as long as you've got a lot of light. I've uploaded some un-edited clips to vimeo

there will be more to come i just need the time to upload them
Zensokustudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2008, 2:22 PM   #2

I like my HDV178. For the price it's a very good camera in my opinion. Many people are gobsmacked by the clarity of the videos for the price. Sure it's a little bit starved bandwidthwise for complex scenes but still not terrible all things considered and it's low light ability is actually not bad for a CMOS camera.

Out of all the cameras I have, I am finding this one is being carried by me quite often! I got into these type of cameras because of my young son. It's often the video you take OUTSIDE of birthday parties etc that is often the most enojable to watch.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 3:24 PM   #3

Welcome aboard Zen.

I totally understand the situation and what you mean by low light but the video

shows you the Jazz at work enjoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote