Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:28 AM   #11

I bought the camera at wal-mart, the disk looks like the proper disk... I am going to try exploring the disk, as you suggested....(I bought the camera back in October.... Wal-mart only allows return/exchanges of electronics for 30 days... :sad:
I'll let you know how it goes... Thanks for the suggestion!

Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:51 PM   #12

help me out. I bought this camera and found out that my cd drive will not open (i think from my son pulling it off the table). Is there anywhere i can get the drivers i need from the internet? maybe someone can list the exact programs that are on the disk? someone please help a bro out.
supercrackerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:54 PM   #13

The install disk has the H.264 codec on it and a not-so-good conversion program for the non-standard .AVI file container. You can get by without either. Get ffdshow-tryouts codec package, and you've got the H.264 codec along with most all other common codecs... nice codec package. And there are other conversion programs (for free) if you need to convert. You can edit hte native .AVI file directly in editors like WMM, virtual dub, but you MUST keep the first frame intact to complete the editing. Other commercial editorslike MAGIX Movie Edit 14 (and Pro) can edit without this drawback.

The only driver on the install disk is one needed to use it as a web cam. If you aren't going to do that, you don't need it.
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:31 PM   #14

Hey all im new to this and i have a hdv178 and for some reason i cannot use the light while recording ....as mentioned above i was told that i am supposed to hld the return button and the light button but mine is on the right not the left can someone please hep ?
wizdom is offline   Reply With Quote