Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:48 AM   #1

It has been a good long while since my Mustek days with the DV4500 (I remember yours fishycomics with the broken viewer and that masterful glueing). BTW, my unit still works, records on 2 and 4 gb sd cards and still picks up audio clearly in a classrom during lectures for 8 hours using only 2 aa batteries.

Anyway, I was just trying to touch some memories here. :lol:

I recently upgraded from a fujifilm finepix 3800 to a s1000fd and from my digilife to a............you guys fill in the blank here_______________________

I have been reading the posts but honestly, I am looking for a 1080p 60fps unit but can settle for a 720p 60fps(I know I am not as clear here but you pro's know what I'm talking about!) I want to video tape(duh-is it video capture?) my family in high definition. I run ubuntu and thanks to the park scenes from one member and fishycomics review with the tire iron and 2 jackstands, I can easily view all the videos and edit them in linux. I am looking for an opinion of exactly what you guys think I should purchase or should I hold out? I am currently videotaping my family on the digilife and i love it. But after looking at the HD aiptek stuff, I want one. I can tell you from my HP w2408 monitor, I can see all kinds of junk defects from the xacti and is junk vs the aiptek. Aiptek, I can tell you that the higher resolution looks way way better than the 720p setting. My monitor is that freakin sharp. One thing I did notice is that xacti motion is more fluid than the aiptek from what I have seen.

What do you guys recommend really! Include other brands like the hd1000 xacti please. I am online and wont go to sleep till later, I have a 24hour walmart available next to me with an aiptek action HD available for me.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:58 AM   #2

one more thing! is the aiptek action HD in stereo?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:49 PM   #3

Hi and greetings to the sunny California!
Go ahead for the Aiptek! The xactis are too expensive for the moment. I'd suggest to buy a cheap Aiptek now , so that the HD technology resolves some present day issues (video codecs,softwares etc...) and in a year or two you can go for a xacti if you re not satisfied.
The only complaint I have for my Action HD is the autofocus motor noise that gets recorded by the microphone.
No, it's not stereo audio.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 7:14 PM   #4

Well, there's only 4 'cheap' cameras that do 720P 60FPS. There's no camera out there that can do 1080p 60FPS.

You're limited to the Aiptek A-HD+, Action, and the Sanyo HD1000/HD1010.
Next up from there is a Panasonic HVX200 for $5-6k. :O

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote